The Faculty of Security Engineering, University of Žilina, (FSE UNIZA) prepares security engineering experts with knowledge in methods of crisis management that are able to identify, analyze and assess risks in various types of environment, and to manage preventive activities and adequate response. It educates crisis managers, rescue service workers and experts in managing the processes of protection of persons and property. The Faculty is more than sixty years old and has established a stable position in the professional security and safety community in Slovakia and abroad. It has developed cooperation with educational and research institutions, public administration institutions and business companies in the respective fields. The activities of the Faculty have been positively evaluated, even in the external environment. It has been continuously holding the 2nd place in the respective subject field in the academic ranking of Slovak universities, based on comparison of indicators of education and research activities.
- Department of Security Management
- Department of Crisis Management
- Department of Fire Engineering
- Department of Technical Sciences and Informatics
- Department of Security and Safety Research.
STUDY PROGRAMMES AT FSE UNIZAFSE UNIZA offers study programmes in full time and part time form, at all degree levels of tertiary education:
- bachelor (Bc.)
- engineer (Eng.)
- philosophiae doctor (PhD.)
ACCREDITED STUDY PROGRAMMES
- Security and Protection of Critical Infrastructure (Bc., Eng.)
- Security Management (Bc., Eng., Ph.D.)
- Crisis Management (Bc., Eng., Ph.D.)
- Rescue Services (Bc., Eng., Ph.D.)
- Industrial Safety (Bc., Eng.)